Homer S. Weber
(1946 to 1962)
Dr. Weber began his employment in the Engineering Drawing and Mechanics Department while still a student at Georgia Tech. He went on to become an instructor and Assistant Professor while earning his Master's degree, following which he was an Associate Professor. On February 10, 1941 he became Professor of Engineering Drawing and Mechanics and worked in that capacity until becoming Professor and Director of the School of Mechanical Engineering on April 15, 1946.
At a meeting on June 13, 1962, The Board of Regents approved the recommendation of then President Edwin D. Harrison that Dr. Weber be given the title of Professor and Director Emeritus of the School of Mechanical Engineering upon his retirement effective July 1, 1962.